How do I create an account?
- First press the Sign In button.
- Enter your Email, Username and Password.
- An activation email has been sent to the email address you entered. Please follow the instructions as written in the email.
- In case you didn't receive an email, please try again.
- Press Sign In and you’re ready to make a Request!
Please choose a username that is between 3 characters and 255 characters long.
As for the password, please use a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 72 characters. Please use alphanumeric symbols only (uppercase, lowercase letters, numbers and special characters for example: !?*,.+-)
Do NOT use an email address for your display name. Doing so will result in us possibly blocking your account.
I didn’t receive a confirmation mail.
Please check your spam folder. If after checking your spam you still can't find an email, try requesting a new confirmation email via this link. Didn't receive confirmation message? The link can also be found on the login page underneath the login button. https://otsukai.manga.tokyo/user/resend
Another very common reason that users do not receive a confirmation email is that they entered their email address incorrectly when signing up. Please try again with the correct email address.
How do I change my icon?
Go to My Page.
Click on Edit profile.
Upload a new picture by clicking on Choose File.
- Choose a picture from your computer and click on Open.
Last but not least don't forget to click on Update and you should be able to see your new icon.
How do I change my email address?
- Go to My Page.
- Click on Edit Account Details.
- Enter your email address, enter your current password and don’t forget to click on Save.
How do I insert my shipping address?
Please note that your Friend cannot see any other address than the one you have inserted on Otsukai. If your address is not correct or missing some details, numbers etc. your package might not arrive safely.
- Please make sure to update your address before accepting an offer and insert all required details before saving or clicking on Update.
- You might have asked yourself what Address (Line 1) and Address (Line 2) mean. We have created these lines for very long addresses that do not fit into one line. These don't mean that you need more than one line in your shipping address.
- If your address is longer than 2 lines (not including State and Postal Code), you can write more than one address part in the same line, separated with a comma. E.g "Sakura Town, Forest County".
- Please clearly state your State/ Province/ Territory etc. and avoid the use of abbreviations. (e.g. AL -> Alabama, CA -> California,...)
- Don't forget to save / Update.
How do I change my shipping address?
Go to My page.
Click on Change address.
Don’t forget to click on the Update button to save your changes.
You cannot change your address whilst an order is in progress. If you notice that your address is incorrect, please contact the Otsukai support team as soon as possible. Please see below for more information. ("I accepted an offer but noticed a mistake in my address")
Can you use the shipping information registered to my PayPal account?
Otsukai temporarily shares your name, address and phone number to the Friend so that they can send your item to you. The information shared is the one you have registered to Otsukai at the time you made the purchase. We do NOT share any information related to your PayPal account. Please make sure that the address you have registered to Otsukai is the one you want items to be sent to.
Why do I need to enter my phone number?
Your friend will add your phone number to the shipping label when they ship your item. This will allow the shipping company to contact you by phone if there is a problem. Please make sure your phone number is prefaced with the correct country code.
Who can see my shipping address and phone number?
Only the Friend whose offer you accepted will be able to see your shipping address and phone number. The details will be displayed to them from the time you complete the payment to the time they mark the item as shipped. They will not be able to access your details again after they have shipped the item.
I accepted an offer but I noticed a mistake in my address / I moved house. Can I change it?
If you accept an offer, the Friend will only be able to see the address you had set at the time you made the purchase. You cannot change your address while you have an order in progress. Please make sure to check and double check your phone and contact number BEFORE you accept any offers.
In the case that you do notice a mistake in your address while you are waiting for an order to be shipped, please create a support ticket immediately. Make sure you include your username, the URL of your Request, your old address and new address in the ticket. We can try to contact the Friend before they send the item. However, we do not take any responsibility if you do not receive the item due to your own error.
If you ordered a pre-order item and your address changes, please let us know by creating a support ticket.
If you don't have any orders in progress, then you can change your address any time.
I forgot my password.
- If you forget your password, just click on Forgot password? and you will be prompted to enter your email address.
- Click on the link contained within the email you receive to reset your password.
How do I log out?
In order to log out you first have to go to your My Page and then you will find the Log Out button on the left side.
How do I delete my account?
Click on the Help button at the bottom of the page. (Or click on the link at the bottom of this page)
You will be redirected to the Otsukai Support Center.
Create a New support ticket here https://otsukaimangatokyo.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
While logged into Otsukai, go to My Page.
Take a screenshot of the page, making sure we can see your username.
Attach the screenshot to the support ticket, and let us know that you wish for us to delete your account.
If possible, please let us know why you wish to have your account deleted.
We know that it's a little bit of a hassle, but we currently don't have a method for users to end their registration while being logged in to Otsukai. By sending us a screenshot of your My Page, we can quickly confirm that you are indeed the account holder. We ask for your cooperation.